Git and version control
Our shorter course during which you will master the Git workflows and become a Git professional. After finishing you will be able to automatize your workflows, deploy a website on GitHub Pages and understand those wierd git tricks, flying around on the web.
When is the next course?
Next course starts in April!
Weekly: Thursday 18 – 20 CET.
Applications will open in February, but if you do not want to miss it, sign up to our newsletter below.
How is the course organized?
In a small group of maximum 15 students in interactive environment with recorded sessions accessible later.
4 weeks with great lecturers. In total 8 hours of live content with additional exercises.
Homework and Hands-On
After each topic, homeworks and exercises are issued to ensure enough practice.
After finishing mandatory requirements a certificate of completion is issued.
How much does it cost?
Price for whole course is 99 EUR
Our goal is also to support Women+ on their way to IT and we want to give out some scholarships for those who really need it.
What topics are covered in the course?
Over four weeks we will cover following topics:
- Installation and first steps with Git
- Registration on GitHub
- Basic workflow – add, commit, push, pull and controlling the flow
- Introduction to branches
- Different ways of collaboration and team work in git
- Best practices, history traceability and how not to anger your coleagues
- How to clean up a mess in git when there happens to be some.
- Rebase and when to use it
- GitHub workflows – CI/CD
- GitHub features – issues, pull requests and more
- Setting up a workflow for a final project git repository and inviting collaborators.
- Special scenarios and nasty situations.
You are not sure if the course is for you?
Set up a call with Tyna to discuss more at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who are your teachers?
Overly excited Geospatial Data Scientist at EOX IT Services
After filling out the registration form, we will reach out to you via email in next days to confirm your spot in the course and send you an invoice.
After receiving the payment, we will send you all the access information and optional preparatory pre-course materials.
4 weeks with 8 hours of lectures in total
2 hours for session per week. Additionally we highly suggest another few hours (2-6) for homework and practice.
Yes. After each topic, a set of exercises will be available for home self-study.
The course will be taught in English.
Of course! You shall be granted a certificate of completion after completing mandatory requirements:
- Attending at least 80% of sessions
- Finishing two projects and their submission
Yes! If you are able to join the a session in the afternoon in CET timezone. Sessions will be recorded for rewatching later.